Training for Parents & Professionals
SEND Family Connections offers a range of training topics and packages for parents/carers and professionals at your facility.
Our aim is to bring together the science of attachment, trauma and social learning into practical solutions for families, schools and professionals.
Our focus is on the application of Gordon Neufeld’s Developmental Attachment model, which fills a missing piece in the understanding of challenging behaviour, neurodiversity and meeting a child’s deepest need for connection.
Contact us to discuss your bespoke requirements or to invite us to your local group for an introductory presentation
- The development of attachment in young children and what this looks like at all ages when they get stuck in separation
The Application of Developmental Attachment in the Clinic
- How the developmental attachment model informs us about a range of diagnoses, including DLD, ASC/ASD, PDA, ADHD/ADD, SPD, SM, ODD, OCD
- Introduction to our Connection Smart model with ‘what to do when’ strategies
‘Understanding Developmental Attachment and Applications at Home and School’ Series
- Understanding Emotions and Resilience and applications at home and school
- Understanding Aggression, Anxiety and Attention and applications at home and school
- Understanding Demand-Avoidance and applications at home and school
- Understanding Sensitivities and applications at home and school
- Understanding Trauma and applications at home and school
- Understanding Attachment and Trauma in Adopted and Fostered Children and applications at home and care home.
Professional Support for Speech and Language Therapists
SEND Family Connections offers professional support in the area of Social Emotional Mental Health in school age children and young people.